Tuesday, December 11, 2007


Has everyone finished their holiday shopping? I know I haven't, but I'm getting there. There's still a few days left, after all! In searching the internet for original gift ideas I ran across the website for Horse Art Collection. If you have always admired the artwork of a particular equine artist, but haven't found a way to get a print or painting for yourself, then check out this page.

It starts with a list of featured artists, and provides a biography for each. You can view some of their artwork and purchase prints online. If you are looking for something specific then try searching by breed, subject, or medium. It was my search for Christmas horse images that brought this website to light, and I'm glad for it. Not only can you find artwork for yourself here, but the website provides a wealth of information as well. There are art tutorials available, such as this one by Toni-Marie Hudson that features carriage horses. Informative articles, such as the one giving tips on taking good photos, are also featured. Oh, and did I mention their free clip art page? There are detailed images of all breeds and disciplines to be found there. The one shown at the top of this post is one of my favorites.

If artwork won't please any of your gift recipients then check out HorseGift.com. Here you can find something for you or your horse friends at any time of the year. They'll even gift wrap your items for you before mailing them! Surely you can find something here for that horse person who has it all.

Are you one of the lucky ones who has their holiday shopping complete, but you have a wish list of your own? You can find horse-themed home decor at the Horse and Hound Gallery. From horse racing gifts to gift certificates you should be able to find something that would be suitable for your own home, or as a housewarming gift for a neighbor or friend.

Have you remembered to get something for your hooved family members? If not then why not purchase some Stud Muffins horse treats? I have yet to meet a horse that doesn't go crazy for these sticky treats, and I'm sure they'd love a few on Christmas morning.

Well, I still have a lot left on my shopping list. Time to hit the road to get this done. Good luck to all of you that are still searching for that perfect gift!

"A man on a horse is spiritually as well as physically bigger than a man on foot."
~John Steinbeck






1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

Stud Muffins are one of my favorite horse treats. Can't always find them around here but when I can, my horses really like them.